Monday, December 13, 2010

Grinds My Gears...

I haven't had to do these in a while. I guess that is a good thing, but today I felt it necessary.

I work at a local University (one guess which one...) and finals were last week. What does this mean? My place of work is bascially a ghost town. This is a nice departure really. I don't have to worry about terrible student drivers, their complete lack of acknowledgemnt that people work here and not just go to school here, and the overall frustrations of people constantly all up in my grill in my little cubicle space. My new office cannot be finished being built fast enough.

But back to my original reason for posting. Students have left and my building is fairly empty. A few times a week at  lunch I go downstairs to the main floor and go to a built in "cafe" area my area has. They have a wide variety of sandwiches, both hot and cold, sushi, snacks, drinks, and a Starbucks. It is very convenient and very wonderful. That is until I realized they had shutdown starting THIS week and not next week and with no warning to any employees who often use this area as their lunch area. Gee, thanks. So what do I do when I walk all the way down there and realize I am going to go without my favorite sandwich and vitamin water for lunch? I happily remind myself I have a hidden cavern of "in case of emergency hunger" type foods squirreled away in my desk. "VICTORY IS MINE" I think to myself. I quickly find a Chef-Boyardee lasagna bowl (no judging here, I'm starving) and a fiber one bar and think I am finally going to be appeased.

Then this is what happens:

That is right. Red sauce all up on my light blue and white cardigan set almost directly on a very awkward place on my chest. Shot right out of the container at lightening speed, hurling itself at my face and sweater set.

You know what really Grinds My Gears?

Having to resort to prepackaged food that shoots out red sauce on your shirt because the damn Cafe downstairs forgot to mention that they were closing a week early.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment