Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Game Weekend

Last weekend was a doosey for sure. Crammed back to back with stuff to do, but overall a great time.

It all started when I got a call from my friend Alison at around 11:30 am on Friday telling me she HAD to get out of town (she lives in the Tampa area) and asked if it was cool if she crashed at my place. OF COURSE. I love when friends from out of town, but I was even more excited because I just so happened to be moving the next morning and an extra set of arms/legs to help move would be fine by me!

That night happened to be the lead up to Saturday's big FSU Football Spring Game (Garnet and Gold game), so accordingly there was a traditional "Downtown Getdown". Basically Tallahassee shuts down the down town area, puts food and drink vendors about and there is always at least one stage of live music.

One view of some downtown buildings
My view from my table out side 'Andrew's Capital Bar & Grill"  (yum!)

Good times had by all. Especially since Jake Owens, who happens to be a FSU alumni (!) was scheduled to perform.




I didn't get any good shots of him on stage because I am short, was not near the front, and I only had my camera phone. Picture taking fail!

After the concert we went to a few of our favorite bars and sadly I may have had one too many martini's. I felt HORRIBLE the next day. I was a pathetic loser who could barely walk, let alone move anything. Thank God for amazing friends and an awesome boyfriend who did the moving. I am eternally grateful!

Later in the day when I had regained mobility and the ability to not feel like roadkill, we went to the Spring Game to watch our noles. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, which also means it was super sunny. Which means Alison adn I got fried, lol. We put on sunscreen repeatedly, but this is what happened to poo Alison when she lifted my necklace off her chest that she borrowed from me.
Ouch!


Of course I had a great time. I got to hang out with my favorite football freak Coach, Vic Viloria. He of course was in standard uniform with his black FSU shirt and khaki pants. Good ole' Vic.
After the game we were all pretty wiped out. We went and got dinner and calle dit an early night. Such party animals, I know.
The next day was spent getting brunch at Angelette's. If you have not been here, you are out of your mind. Absolutely delicious and such a bargain! After some shopping we parted ways with out visitor and back home to do laundry and other things that needed to be done. It wasn't a CRAZY weekend, but it was a damn fine one.

No comments:

Post a Comment