Thursday, September 2, 2010

MMMMM, fall tastes delicious!

If you know me, then you know I LOVE pumpkin spiced beer. No, seriously- I LOVE almost any kind of pumpkin type beer. I love it so much that when I saw the first shipment of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Beer in the store I literally jumped up and down and squealed like a 5 year old at Christmas. I'm a weirdo, I know this.

Besides the actual deliciousness of the beer, I also love all that comes along with it. Simply- the first sign of fall. This means cooler weather, football, bon fires, and general shenanigans. I mean, who doesn't love some good ole shenanigans once and awhile?

So in honor of my love and the beginning of the beer season....er....fall season, here's a list of my favorite
"pumpkin" spiced beers.


Shipyard Brewing Co. Pumpkinhead

Truly my favorite of all pumpkin beers. Smooth, delicious and it only being available in the fall makes it number one on my list, and plenty of other people's lists as well.

Magic hat #9 "Hex Ourtoberfest"
Brand new to the scene and making a huge headway is Magic Hat's latest and greatest. Went to a "launch" party for it last night and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Was I doubtful I wouldn't? No. I love all magic hat beers, but for it being a first year brew and to be so high on my list, yes, that was surprising.

Sam Adam's Octoberfest

I call this the "everyman" pumpkin beer. It's a great first time pumpkin beer drinker beer, and I recommend it to all who have never had a pumpkin beer and are wary of jumping to a new kind of beer.


Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

This one I honestly can't decide what to say about. Do I think it's good enough to drink? Most definitely. Would I want to have more than one at a time? probably not. It's good, but not one I would ever want to drink "a lot" of. It has a high alcohol content and can have a bite, but still a good beer.

Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale


I dub this one the "poor man's" beer. it's a light weight in the pumpkin arena and will ONLY drink it if there are no other alternatives and I HAVE to have a pumpkin beer. It's alright, and that's all say about that.



There are many many other pumpkin ales out there, but these are the ones I love and have readily availbale to me whenever I want them. So enjoy all! have a pumpkin beer and think of me!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment