Monday, July 12, 2010

Pet Peeves

I think this blog title may, unfortunately, become a recurring theme...

A huge pet peeve of mine, when it comes to office etiquette, is being respectful of others that work in close proximity of you. Especially when you work in a room that has 8 cubicles smushed together surrounded by enclosed offices. People who work in cubicles i feel should even more mindful. I mean, don't most people appreciate common courtesy when it comes to music, smells, pictures, etc? I can look past most things, but not SMELLS. The ones that people bring in with food, or their perfume, or their own funk. And I mean funk. There is gentlemen that has a cubicle space 10 feet from my office space and he often carries a foul odor to him, but to his credit it is usually kept to his area. Lately though it has gotten worse. Now I know it's summer and it's July and it's Florida, but for the love of that is good and wonderful in this world, take a shower! I think he takes one, maybe, on average once a week. He'll even go as far as repeat the same clothes a couple of days in a row. EWWWWWW. Today is especially terrible with what smells to be dog poo on his shoes. I have had to resort to rubbing my chapstick above my lip to dull the smell.



What does one do/say in this type of situation? I don't want to be rude, but he's killing me, and I know others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment